Sunday, 30 January 2011

Literature


Love by Gustav Klimt


When we two parted
In silence and tears,
Half broken-hearted
To sever for years,
Pale grew thy cheek and cold,
Colder thy kiss;
Truly that hour foretold
Sorrow to this.
The dew of the morning
Sunk chill on my brow--
It felt like the warning
Of  what I feel now.
Thy vows are all broken,
And light is thy fame;
I hear thy name spoken,
And share in its shame.
They name thee before me,
A knell to mine ear;
A shrudder comes o'er me--
Why wert thou so dear?
They know not I knew thee,
Who knew thee so well--
Long, long I shall rue thee,
Too deeply to tell.


In secret we met--
In silence I grieve,
That thy heart could forget,
Thy spirit deceive
If I should meet thee
After long years,
How should I greet thee?--
With silence and tears.
                         Poems by Lord Byron

Lord Byron was a very important writer from England in the Romanticism period.
 

In this poem it is expressed the lost of the dear one and the cold from your feelings after you lose the person that you love the most.
He does a good reflection about it and how he will have to greet the person who he wanted after a long period of nostalgia.
How would you do it....?
Lord Byron fue un escritor inglés muy importante en el periodo Romántico.
En este poema expresa la pérdida de la amada y lo frío que se quedan tus sentimientos después de perder a la persona que más quieres, hace una buena reflexión acerca de cómo tendría que saludar a la persona querida después de tanto tiempo de añoranza.
¿Tú como lo harías?......
By Sara Murcia Almagro, 4º A

No comments:

Post a Comment